Pumpkin Business Expo
The Pumpkin Business Expo, with over 12,000 square feet of space, is filled with displays and merchandise from over 50 area businesses. An estimated 50,000 guests visit this popular tent each year to learn about your business, products and services.
Registration is $425 for a 10x10 space for Morton Chamber members. Non-member cost is $725. Please note that nonprofit organizations must also be a member of the Morton Chamber to get the discounted rate. Not a member? Click HERE for membership information. A priority system for 2016 exhibitors is in effect until May 31.
The tent is 8' high around the outside edge and goes up steeply to 20' in the middle.
The Business Expo Hours of Operation for 2017:
Wednesday, September 13: 4:00 - 8:00 pm
Thursday, September 14: 3:00 - 8:00 pm
Friday, September 15: 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Saturday, September 16: Noon - 8:00 pm
This year’s theme is “Das Pumpkin.” We encourage you to begin thinking of all the creative ways you can decorate your booth. Judging will be based on creativity, originality, and incorporation of the theme and pumpkins!
· Helium tanks are permitted, but must be secured in your booth.
· You are required to man your booth during all hours of operation. Any booth unmanned will risk not returning in 2017.
· Dress according to the weather, space heaters are not allowed in the Expo.
· Business must be owned and operated within a 50-mile radius of Morton
· Business must have verifiable FEIN, and State Sales Tax numbers
· Business must sell products and/or services other than amusements *
* All amusements are located in the midway, and managed by the amusement company hired by the Chamber of Commerce. Amusements include, but are not limited to: rock climbing walls, jugglers, clowns, face painting, rides, psychic readers/fortune tellers, bingo/gambling businesses, etc.
Information for 2017 Vendors
1. SET-UP: Excluding bad weather, tent is available for booth set up from noon to 8 pm on Tuesday, September 12. Set up must be complete by 2 pm on Wednesday, September 13. Merchants will NOT be able to park on Jefferson Street or 1st Avenue. Instead, we would encourage you to unload from the parking lot across Jefferson Street or nearby street parking. For large exhibits access for unloading is permitted on the blacktop that runs alongside of the school, but you must enter from Adams Street. Do NOT pull vehicle onto the tether ball pad adjacent to the blacktop. If the pad is damaged, you will be responsible for those damages.
2. TEAR DOWN: Booths must NOT be taken down before 8 pm on Saturday, September 16. All booth material must be removed by 10 am on Sunday, September 17. Merchants can tear down on Saturday evening, but will not have access to drive up on Jefferson Street or 1st Avenue or the blacktop behind and alongside Jefferson School off Adams Street. You may also tear down on Sunday until 10 am. There will be security provided this year on Saturday evening.
3. There is a curtain down the center of the tent, but any other backdrops and side curtains must be provided by the merchant, and can be ordered from Peoria Flag & Decorating, 309-685-8989.
4. All vendors are responsible to supply their own tables and chairs. Unauthorized removal of tables & chairs from other areas will not be allowed.
5. Security service is provided only during hours tent is not open to the public. There WILL NOT BE security on Saturday night.
6. No signs may be attached to tent support poles, ropes, or sides of the tent. Booth construction cannot rely on tent poles for any kind of support or suspension.
7. Representatives and their exhibit must remain within the confines of their booths. No soliciting in aisle ways is permitted.
8. No non-commercial food or beverages may be prepared, sold or given away. Only commercial, individually pre-packaged and sealed food or water is allowed.
9. Booths must be staffed at all times while tent is open to the public.
10. Morton Chamber of Commerce will not be responsible for loss or damage to any materials, including draping, in the tent. Please cover exhibits at night in the event of rain leakage.
11. No animals are allowed on Festival Grounds, except service dogs.
12. No Smoking in the Expo
13. Dress accordingly, heaters are not permitted in the Expo.
14. Because of the family nature of the Pumpkin Festival, absolutely no alcoholic beverages, knives, firearms, or illegal substances will be permitted in booths. The Chamber has the right to refuse space to any display considered to be inappropriate.
15. Businesses cannot share their space with another business.
16. These rules are subject to change prior to the festival and such changes (if any) will be mailed to all reservation holders.
17. Any violation of rules could result in not being allowed a space next year.