Pumpkin Lip Sync Battle
New for 2016
Contestants will perform a three minute song that is fun, crown appealing and family friendly! $100 in Chamber Checks is presented to the top act in each category, as voted on by the judges. An additional $100 in Chamber Checks is presented to the Overall Grand Prize Act.
Date: Friday, September 16
Sponsor: Pizza Ranch
Time: 6:30 to 7:30 pm
Place: Gold's Gym Entertainment Stage
Fee: $10 per act
JR HIGH & HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Registration closes on Thursday, September 8 or at limit, whichever comes first. Video clip of the full performance must be included with each entry. Clips can be dropped off at the Chamber office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest is open to individual and group performances in three categories* (Categories are limited to maximum of 5 acts):
- Jr. High & High School
*Groups of different ages will be categorized by age of oldest member of group
Acts will be judged on:
- Originality & creativity
- Energy & enthusiasm
- Appearance (costume, props, stage presence)
- Lip sync ability
- Crowd reaction
- Five minute limit on stage time with song no more than three minutes long.
- Each act must provide its own music, props, costumes, etc.
- All participants must provide music for their performance IN ADVANCE by Wednesday, September 7 at 5 pm in order to prevent technical difficulties during the show.
- Amateur acts only.
- Decision of judges is final.
- All participants should check in behind Entertainment Stage 30 minutes before show begins.
Perform a song that is fun and crowd appealing. Please keep in mind that this is a FAMILY EVENT when selecting your music and costumes. NO vulgarity or inappropriate themes will be allowed. Pumpkin Lip Sync Battle leadership has the right to refuse any act not meeting these criteria. Be creative with your props, costumes and choreography. Remember that you are being scored on originality and appearance, as well as your ability to lip sync. Bring your cheering section of family and friends, and have fun!
- $100 in Chamber Checks will be presented to the top act in each category, as voted on by the judges.
- Additional $100 in Chamber Checks will be presented to the Overall Grand Prize Act.