Pumpkin Weigh Off
The Pumpkin weigh off, sponsored by Libby’s Pumpkin, is a competition showcasing pumpkins of all sizes! Trophies and prizes will be awarded for the Giant King Pumpkin, the Queen Pumpkin, and the Tiniest Pumpkin grown by Morton children.
Anyone can enter the Mature Pumpkin Weighing Exactly 50 Lbs. or the Open Class Giant Pumpkin competitions. The Open Class Winner will receive a $300 cash prize!
First Place winners will ride in the parade on Saturday morning!
To participate, bring your pumpkin to the parking lot across from PNC Bank at the corner of North First Avenue and Jefferson Street on the Tuesday before festival between 4 and 5:30 pm.
King Morton Student First Place - Lanie Springer, 108 lbs
King Morton Student Second Place - Rylen Tanner, 104 lbs
King Morton Student Third Place - Brody Tanner, 103 lbs
Jill Leander* Queen Pumpkin - Aubry Roth, 53.17 lbs (closest to half the size of the King pumpkin)
50th Festival - Russ Roth, 49.4 lbs
Tiniest Morton Student First Place - William Webb, .09 lbs
Open Class First Place - Joseph House, 965 lbs
* Jill's family started the Pumpkin Weigh Off. Her dad Herb and Uncle Don along with her brothers Doug and Jeff sponsored the contest for 40 plus years. Jill loved the Pumpkin Festival and is deeply missed.
- Competitions & Shows
- Art Show
- Boxcar Derby
- Big Wheel Race
- Photography Show
- Pumpkin Bingo
- Pumpkin Decorating Competition
- Pumpkin Idol Jr.
- Pumpkin Lip Sync Battle
- Pumpkin Open Tennis Tournament
- Pumpkin Pie Eating Competition
- Pumpkin Pin Search
- Pumpkin Recipe Challenge
- Pumpkin Weigh Off
- Daily Schedule
- Kid-Friendly Activities
- Opening Ceremony
- Pumpkin Bike Tour
- Pumpkin Business Expo
- Pumpkin Classic Run and Walk
- Pumpkin Craft Faire
- Pumpkin Princess Pageant
- Senior Appreciation Afternoon
- Special Kids Day
- We Care Precious Baby Contest
- Zip Line